"This was a trip of a lifetime. Wait, if that's the case...clone me 'cause I'd do this again.
This wasn't just a vacation, this was an experience."
- Janet V.
Exclusive Small Group Travel
Explore Incan treasures and colonial cities on an intimate tour through Peru. Your adventure starts in the majestic Sacred Valley, from which you explore Machu Picchu. You'll continue to the lively city of Cusco before ending in the capital, Lima.
Your journey will intertwine traditional Peruvian meals like a "pachamanca" with creative cuisines at restaurants from Pellegrino's list of "The World's 50 Best Restaurants". You'll learn techniques to use local ingredients at home including quinoa, raw fish, and Peru's famous variety of potatoes. To work up your appetite we'll venture out to paddleboard on serene lakes and hike on mild terrain through the Andes mountains.
9 day - Taste of Peru and Machu Picchu Tour priced from $7,265 per person
Based on double occupancy, single supplement $1,050
- All meals except 2 evenings for dinner at your leisure
- Nightly boutique accommodations (4-5 star hotels)
- Private airport transfers
- Return flight from Cusco to Lima
- Ground transportation during tour, including train to Machu Picchu
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- English speaking local guides
- 24/7 wi-fi access*
- Clean drinking water
- Basic travel insurance with optional upgrades
- All taxes and gratuities
- International air transportation
- 2 dinners at your leisure
- Trip cancellation protection
- Hotel room incidentals
- Premium alcoholic beverages (+taxes & fees on beverages)
(Note: This tour does not include the intense Inca Trail hike and camping. Instead, we will be enjoying boutique hotels at night and we will take alternate transportation to reach Machu Picchu. We will have some "light" activity such as a 3-hour downhill walk on trails and optional paddleboarding. If you prefer more activity we will also have the Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu hike as an option.)
▼ Day 1-2: Sacred Valley
Arrive in style at the Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport in Cusco (CUZ) where you will be met by your private driver for a beautiful 90-minute drive through the mountains to your lodge in the Sacred Valley.
- Sample traditional Peruvian food with a tasting menu
- Enjoy a Peruvian Paso Fino horse show in the countryside
- Paddleboard on a serene lake and absorb the scenery during a picnic lunch
- Marvel at the salt mines in Maras which are harvested by local families
- Visit an organic farm while assisting with the prepartion of a traditional Andean meal
▼ Day 3-4: Machu Picchu
After a moderate 3-hour hike down from your resort in the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo enjoy a traditional lunch before boarding your Vistadome train to the small town of Aguas Calientes, from where you will explore Machu Picchu.
- Look up at breathtaking vistas while on the train to Machu Picchu
- Learn about the brilliant architecture of the Incas
- Rise and shine early to spend time with tropical birds in their natural habitat
▼ Day 5-6: Cusco
After enjoying a few days of activity and adventure in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, relax on your Vistadome train ride to Cusco. Explore the magnificent city, full of character and situated in a picturesque valley.
- Sip coffee and learn the best techniques for roasting, brewing, and tasting
- Tour the San Pedro Market, learning about local ingredients for your cooking class
- Pour the perfect pisco sour after shaking the delicious cocktail on your own
▼ Day 7-9: Lima
Board a short flight to the capital city of Lima and check in to your hotel from which you'll explore the neighborhoods of Barranco, Miraflores, and San Isidro.
- Indulge in a culinary experience at Astrid y Gaston, one of the most iconic Peruvian restaurants in the world
- Tour the Larco Museum which houses 3,000 years of pre-Columbian artwork
- Savor the unique Nikkei cuisine, a fusion of Japanese and Peruvian flavors
Why not extend your stay to visit Lake Titicaca or the Amazon Rainforest? To book an extension or inquire about pricing on a customized itinerary to extend your vacation in Peru, call us at 425.894.8976 or contact us.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
UNLIKE ANY OTHER
Intimate experiences Each tour is limited to 12 guests allowing us access to the most private, undiscovered venues
Knowledge at your fingertips Around the clock care from a travel director and local certified guides at every destination
Bags? What bags?! You'll hardly notice the transition when we're on the move since your luggage will magically appear in your hotel upon arrival
Comfort & convenience A comfy bed awaits you every night at one of our handpicked hotels (4-5 stars) that reflect the character of each destination
Experiences that go above & beyond Fun, educational experiences created especially for guests of The Table Less Traveled on private tours
Cultural immersion Become an honorary local while dining and interacting with locals
Travel without the hassle Stress free travel with wi-fi access*, bottled drinking water, local drivers, first aid & CPR trained guides
Don't waste your meals We've eaten our way through Peru and you'll be dining at the best of the best
Picture yourself in this video...
Questions? Comments? Ready to go?!
*Itinerary, hotels, activities, and modes of transportation are subject to change based on availability and/or weather conditions. In the event a hotel is unavailable, another comparable 4-5 star hotel will be substituted. See Terms & Conditions 2019 for more details.