"We can't say enough about our trip to Malaysia and Singapore. Annie was meticulous in her planning and provided a dazzling array of eating, cultural and wildlife experiences."
- Carol H.
Exclusive Small Group Travel
Indulge in a bucket-list trip of a lifetime, exploring the wilds of Borneo and the lux of Kuala Lumpur & Singapore...all while savoring the most exquisite foods.
Your journey immerses you deep into local culture, including an emphasis on uncovering the best dishes. Learn about the diverse cultures that make up Malaysia and the vast differences between the eastern and western parts of the country, including the wildlife and nature of Borneo. Picture yourself among the monkeys on a canopy walk in the rain forest, eating tropical fruits fresh from local markets, relaxing on beautiful beaches, and navigating old streets of colonial towns.
11 day - Discover Malaysia Food & Adventure Tour priced from $7,100 per person
Based on double occupancy, single supplement $2,050
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Boutique accommodations (4 or 5 star)
- Private airport transfers
- Ground and air transportation during tour
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- English speaking local guides
- 24/7 wi-fi access*
- Bottled drinking water
- Basic travel insurance (for U.S. Citizens) with optional upgrades
- All taxes and gratuities
- International air transportation
- Trip cancellation protection
- Hotel room incidentals
- Alcoholic beverages (+taxes & fees on beverages)
3 day - Optional Singapore post-tour extension price from $1,860 per person
Based on double occupancy, single supplement $550
▼ Day 1-2: Kota Kinabalu
Arrive in style at the Kota Kinabalu Airport (BKI) where you will meet your travel director & guide and begin to explore Borneo, the world's third largest island and home to the oldest rainforest in the world.
- Dive into Malay flavors with a welcome dinner on a private beach
- Explore the sights, sounds, and smells of the central market while picking out local fruits to try
- Go behind-the-scenes at a local night market for dinner
▼ Day 3-5: Sandakan & Kinabatangan River
After a quick 50-minute flight from Kota Kinabalu, arrive in the small town of Sandakan, our home base as we discover the wonders of Borneo wildlife.
- Hang with the orangutans and learn how Malays are fighting to protect them and their natural habitat
- Cruise the second-largest river in Malaysia looking for proboscis monkeys, birds, crocodiles, and a multitude of other wild animals
- Reflect on history at the Sandakan Memorial Park which commemorates the death march suffered by 2400 British & Australian POWs during WWII
▼ Day 6-7: Danum Valley Rainforest
Travel by air-conditioned private van past the palm-oil plantations to one of the world's oldest rainforests where you become one with nature in this untouched land.
- Get a bird's eye view of the dense, lush rainforest from a canopy walk
- Stretch your legs on a hike to a beautiful viewing platform, passing waterfalls and a tribal coffin built into a cliff
- Cool off by swimming with the fish or receive nature's pedicure
▼ Day 8-10: Kuala Lumpur
Board a regional flight to Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. Enjoy astonishing views of the night skyline from the comfort of your luxury hotel.
- Take a guided walking food tour through the city, picking up tasty treats in Little India and Chinatown
- Climb 272 steps into the Batu Caves, one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India
- Learn about local life while dining on a tasty meal prepared in a Malaysian home; beware the indoor fish pond!
▼ Day 10-11: Malacca
Journey by private bus 2 hours to the small town of Malacca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you will learn about the significance of this port city once colonized by the Portuguese and Dutch. Transfer to Kuala Lumpur Airport (KUL) for departure flights or continue on our extended trip to Singapore.
- Stroll Jonker Street for the best of street eats & trinkets (people watching included)
- Savor the best of Peranakan cuisine and desserts
- Tour the Baba Nyonya Museum and learn how immigrants from China created their own local culture
▼ Optional 3-Day Singapore Tour Extension
Arrive by private transfer to Singapore, a fascinatingly small country with the world's third largest GDP per capita. Enjoy some free time to soak up the sun, stroll down Orchard Road, and get in any last-minute shopping before your private transfer to Changi Airport (SIN).
- Peek at the beautiful buds at the 74-hectare botanical gardens or 101-hectare Gardens by the Bay
- Join a walking tour and learn about the city's transformation from a sleepy fishing village to a critical trading port under the British East India Company
- Contrast traditional flavors with modern Singaporean cuisine while hosted by a celebrity chef featured on Martha Stewart and Top Chef
unlike any other
Intimate experiences Each tour is limited to 16 guests allowing us access to the most private, undiscovered venues
Knowledge at your fingertips Around the clock care from a travel director, local assistant, and local certified guides at every destination
Bags? What bags?! You'll hardly notice the transition when we're on the move since your luggage will magically appear in your hotel upon arrival
Comfort & convenience A comfy bed awaits you every night at one of our handpicked hotels (4-5 stars) that reflect the character of each destination
Experiences that go above & beyond Fun, educational experiences created specially for guests of The Table Less Traveled
Cultural immersion Become an honorary local while dining in homes and interacting with locals
Travel without the hassle Stress free travel with 24/7 wi-fi access*, bottled drinking water, local drivers, first aid & CPR trained guides
Don't waste your meals We've eaten our way through these countries and you'll be dining at the best of the best
Travel in Style
Questions? Comments? Ready to go?!
*Based on double occupancy. Itinerary, hotels, activities, and modes of transportation are subject to change based on availability and/or weather conditions. In the event a hotel is unavailable, another comparable 4-5 star hotel will be substituted. See Terms & Conditions for more details.