"This was a trip of a lifetime. Wait, if that's the case...clone me 'cause I'd do this again.
This wasn't just a vacation, this was an experience."
- Janet V.
Exclusive Small Group Travel
Discover the food highlights of Italy on this special tour designed in partnership with Savor Seattle Food Tours. Your journey will take you around the Amalfi Coast, through the rolling hills of Tuscany, and into the foodie capital of Emilia-Romagna.
You'll learn all about the foods that originate from different regions within Italy. Picture yourself rolling fresh pasta with a local chef, tasting prosciutto sliced in front of you in the factory, picking grapes in a vineyard, and dining on seafood caught by a fishing boat coming in to port. Let this journey through Italy tickle your taste buds and fulfill your culinary dreams!
9 day - Heart of Italy Food Tour priced from $5,399 per person
Based on double occupancy, single supplement $1,400
- All meals except 2 evenings for dinner at your leisure
- Wine tastings & select alcoholic beverages with most meals
- Nightly accommodations (4 star hotels)
- Private airport transfers
- Ground transportation during tour
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- English speaking local guides
- 24/7 wi-fi access*
- Bottled drinking water
- Basic travel insurance with optional upgrades
- All taxes and gratuities
- International air transportation
- 2 dinners at your leisure
- Trip cancellation protection
- Hotel room incidentals
- Premium alcoholic beverages (+taxes & fees on beverages)
3 day - Optional Rome pre-tour extension priced from $1,850 per person
Based on double occupancy, single supplement $540
▼ Day 1-3: Sorrento & The Amalfi Coast
Arrive in style at the Naples International Airport (NAP) where you will be met by your private driver for a beautiful 60-minute drive along the coast to Sorrento.
- Visit a small family owned dairy farm where you'll taste the freshest mozzarella
- Sip limoncello while walking through lemon groves
- Learn the trick to making the perfect pizza dough from a native Italian pizza maker
- Board a private boat to cruise through the grottos around Capri
- Meander through the small winding walkways of Positano
- Dine on the freshest seafood caught by fishermen just footsteps away
▼ Day 4-6: Naples, Florence, and the Tuscan Countryside
After your final breakfast overlooking the Mediterranean, depart on a private bus for a pit stop in Naples to chow on the best pizza you'll ever taste! Then you'll travel like a local as you board a fast train for a 3-hour journey whizzing past vineyards and arriving in the historic city of Florence.
- Walk through Florence's famous piazzas and learn about the city's significant role during the Renaissance period
- Shop til you drop at local artisan shops
- Eat like a local on a walking food tour through the Oltrarno, the "other side of the river", meeting locals whose small shops have been in their families for generations
- Roll fresh pasta in a beautiful villa set in the famous wine region of Chianti in the Tuscan countryside
▼ Day 7-9: Emilia-Romagna
Travel by private vehicle through the rolling countryside of Tuscany into Emilia-Romagna where we will discover this culinary-rich region from the comfort of our villa in the vineyards. This region is a hidden gem, home to iconic Italian foods, and some special surprise experiences that you won't want to miss!
- Pick grapes fresh from the vine and contrast the flavor with the final product while touring the wine cellar
- View the laborious process of making a certified wheel of parmigiano-reggiano cheese on a factory tour
- Take unlimited selfies in front of a wall of prosciutto
- Taste the difference between balsamic aged 12 years vs. 25 years and learn what makes this process special for local families
▼ 3-Day Rome Pre-tour extension - with tour leader
Arrive in Rome (FCO Airport) a few days early to meet your tour leader and kick start your vacation by exploring Italy's bustling capital. On our last morning in Rome we will depart by private vehicle to the Amalfi Coast to meet the rest of our group and begin our 9-day adventure.
- Experience Ancient Rome inside the Colosseum and the Roman Forum on a private tour with skip-the-line access
- Marvel at indescribable artwork during your private tour at the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Explore the Trastevere neighborhood known for its night life and small, local restaurants on a progressive dinner tour
▼ Venice Post-Tour Extension - Independent Travel
Enjoy a custom itinerary built specially for you to explore one of Italy's biggest tourist cities, with a variety of activities available.
- Eat your way through Venice on a food tour stopping for cicchetti and a spritz
- Become part of the show at an engaging and intimate opera set in an old Venetian palace
- Cruise through the canals in one of Venice's famous gondolas
To book an extension or inquire about pricing on a customized itinerary to extend your vacation in Italy, call us at 425.894.8976 or contact us.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
UNLIKE ANY OTHER
Intimate experiences Each tour is limited to 12 guests allowing us access to the most private, undiscovered venues
Knowledge at your fingertips Around the clock care from a travel director and local certified guides at every destination
Bags? What bags?! You'll hardly notice the transition when we're on the move since your luggage will magically appear in your hotel upon arrival
Comfort & convenience A comfy bed awaits you every night at one of our handpicked hotels (4 stars) that reflect the character of each destination
Experiences that go above & beyond Fun, educational experiences created specially for guests of The Table Less Traveled on private tours
Cultural immersion Become an honorary local while dining and interacting with locals
Travel without the hassle Stress free travel with 24/7 wi-fi access*, bottled drinking water, local drivers, first aid & CPR trained guides
Don't waste your meals We've eaten our way through Italy and you'll be dining at the best of the best
Picture yourself in this video...
Questions? Comments? Ready to go?!